Another make for Rohan’s nursery.
I made about 5 feet of needle felt balls for garland.
My wool for needle felting.
I decided to go with the stabby method of making these balls. I could have gone with what I think is the easier method- using hot water and soap to make them. But I wanted to sit and watch tv while making these.
To start I teased my wool a bit and rolled some into a ball. Some is a size guess. Sometimes I had to add more. Other times my balls were a bit big. To fix the big ones I just stabbed them down some more. Rolling them in between my palms intermittently.
It took me two days to make these. I worked slowly.
Seriously the hot water method is faster.
My first day balls. I had decided that these were not enough for the garland line. Which is why it took me two days to make them.
All of the balls.
Instead of using embroidery floss to string them up I decided to go with that sparkly gold thread.
I still haven’t decided if this was the best choice. With out a lot of light it is hard to tell that the string is gold and sparkly.
It took me a bit to figure out the layout that I wanted. What colors go to next to what.
This is what I decided to go with.
I cut about 6 feet of thread.
I used an embroidery needle to thread these balls up. The threading up process was slowed by the cats wanting to play with the balls attached to the string.
Luckily the string and balls were fine.
They are now with my sewing stuff locked away from the cats.
Recently we found mold growing in our laundry room. Supposedly the landlord already knows and is sending someone out next week. We went through the whole process of him telling us this same thing about the last place we had with him. So I totally don’t believe that the laundry room is getting fixed. I am so done with this landlord but moving for a third time in a year just makes me want to cry.
On a bright side of moving. The baby could actually get a real nursery. 🙂