Rohan has started to stand and pulls himself up with ease. We don’t have too much in our tiny apartment to help him so after much thought I decided to make a floor pouf.
We did shop for one but spending $100 for something we thought was just ok was not in our budget. So instead we spent $30 for something that is also just ok. Haha.
HGTV has a great tutorial and pattern for a floor pouf. So I was all over that. I managed to follow everything. The directions were pretty clear and I knew what steps had to be done but a few times I was asking myself what exactly they meant. But I stuck with it and in the end I got a great floor pouf.
The pattern piece is 4 pieces that you tape together. Prefect and easy. Glad I was able to find the tape easily. I used the fabric I just got from IKEA. The pattern says for two yards and I’m pretty sure I used less than that.
I didn’t take any pictures during the process. It all came together quick and I was trying to get it done before Rohan woke up from a nap.
I gotta admit I still have the gap open from where I stuffed it. I left it open cause I wasn’t sure if I had stuffed enough polyfill in it. I also stuffed old fabric scraps that I was positive I wasn’t going to use into it. I think it could be filled more but I’ll probably wait a few more days to fill it. I think I used around 4 lbs of polyfill. Seems like a lot.
The big question is did Rohan use and and you betchya!
He tries climbing it to get into places he shouldn’t be. So I think it’s a win!
You all have a good weekend. So you all next week!